Start Updating army records

Updating army records

The Air Force, Army, and Coast Guard have their own Discharge Review Boards (DRBs). The Air Force, Army, and Coast Guard also have their own Boards for Correction of Military Records (BCMRs).

It can also change the reason for a discharge, except that it can’t change the reason to—or from—a disability discharge. If you’re seeking anything else, you must apply to a BCMR or BCNR to correct your military records.

A BCMR or BCNR won’t accept your application unless you’ve tried the other possible ways of getting what you’re after.

No one knows the Soldier’s personal and professional accomplishments better than the Soldier themselves.” Once the MOI is published announcing the next board cycle, the timer begins.

Soldiers should begin by reviewing and validating their Enlisted Records Brief, which they can find in their Army Knowledge Online account.

“I have seen very good Soldiers not receive the rating they could have from the board due to outdated ERB’s, or they discovered a discrepancy but did not have enough time to correct it before their packet was due.” Education also contributes a significant factor into the promotion point system.

Service members who are in the process of obtaining a degree or those who already have a degree should confirm that their ERB reflects the most up to date information.

To the extent possible, follow the steps below to increase your own likelihood of success.